Thursday, December 20, 2012

One Last Post Before The World Goes Boom

I'm pretty sure I start every post apologizing about how I have neglected my blog. I am just going to skip over that fluff today today in my introduction paragraph. I have desperately missed blogging. My life the last few weeks has been so busy. I learned that 5am exists on a Saturday... twice.. I've been doing overtime at my work (about 30 hours to be exact...) to get everything accomplished for the year end. It is one of those awesome things about working in insurance. I can't complain too much, a job plus a Christmas bonus isn't too shabby. I hope you enjoy the post!

I guess I should start off saying thank you to everyone who decided to spend their last day on earth reading this post. I'm sure hope we meet in our next life.. I have come to the realization that if the world really does "come to an end" then I am just going to roll with it. People are out buying supplies trying to outlast the end of civilization as we know it. I have nothing. Not even a single bottle of water at my house. I'll backtrack and tell you that Curt Byrd does not allow us to have bottled water because he says it will make him female and it should be outlawed. Pick your battles. I picked this battle to let him win and stop drinking bottled water. Hello, how can it hurt me?! I already have a uterus! Anyway, I like to analyze my situation about not really caring about the end of world like this.. Have you seen/read (the book is always better) The Hunger Games? If I were in this scenario I would be the first one dead. I have accepted this fact.. I have accepted the fact that if civilization ends how we know it that I am royally screwed. I don't even camp! I don't know how to built a fire other than by flipping a switch on a fireplace. I would eat every horrible berry out there that would instantly kill me. I have accepted the fact that I would be a goner and really I have no qualms about it. However, Curt Byrd, he would live forever. I really should have been nicer to him........ Hmmm..

Speaking of crazy events, I am going to have a short rant about school shootings and Facebook. I am by no means downplaying what happened last Friday at Sandy Hook. It is an awful, awful thing and I will never be able to understand how someone could do such a horrible thing. I don't have a mental health problem and I thank God everyday that I was created how I was. Obviously the killer had a problem. It is unfortunate that we don't really place more importance on mental health in our society. This may be a little political but bear with me. It is very awesome to see people so concerned about everyone involved in the incident. It is very not awesome to see so many people turn a complete tragedy into a political war. I watched Facebook statuses pour in everyday about gun control, The President, school safety, etc.. It was seriously like the election all over again. I was saddened by the amount of statuses that would rip apart someone and then end the status with something about prayer. I HATE this.. Are you seriously going to throw in prayer after you just ripped someone to pieces.. Bigotry wrapped in prayer is still bigotry... Enough on this subject. Moving forward to lighter and fluffier topics.

Showers.. Not the type with water but the type with estrogen and weddings/babies.. I have never thrown a shower before for anyone before Tuesday. One of my favorite people is having a baby and I volunteered to throw a baby shower for her at work (we work together). Let's back up. I am not a great event planner by all means. It is seriously a miracle of Jenny Clack that my wedding wasn't a disaster. I went to my friend Kristin's wedding last summer and it was one of the prettiest places I have ever seen. I have no idea how people can throw stuff together and make it presentable without a miracle of a wedding planner. Some people just have that awesome gene, I am not one of them. Luckily, I know lots of creative people who are always jumping at the chance to plan events. One of my sister-in-laws has a wonderful friend, Sarah, who is pretty much the planning master of events. I am pretty sure I scored there when we have to throw her a party. :) Anyway, I had no idea where in the world to even begin throwing a baby shower.. My advice to any novice party planner, consult Google. I don't know how anything got done without Google. Luckily the shower went pretty well and my friend got lots of needed items so I will mark it as a success.. I hope this paragraph has detoured anyone else who wants me to throw a party.. Joke.. Kinda.. :)

My work has wonderfully exciting insurance classes they offer to us employees. It really isn't a bad deal. They pay for the test/class, which can count for college classes, it makes you look good and they throw in some money (that's the kicker) for passing the classes. I signed up to take a test on 12-13-12. In September I started reading a book they shipped to me which consisted of 11 chapters with each chapter consisting of about 30 pages.. Plus they give you an online website to take practice tests to help you.. Not too bad right? I mean a few years ago I used to take 5 of these a semester.. WRONG! I have only been out of school a few years but I have found it almost impossible to study again. I have developed a large case of ADHD. I have no idea how people go back to school at a later age. I now have way, way more respect for this group of people. Luckily I passed my test and I can now go back to reading five books a week and blogging again.. Yay!!

My final thought for the day will be about the weather. Today in the wonderful state of Missouri we got snow. Snow is not my best thing. Honestly any sort of weather is not my best friend. I HATE driving in the cold white powder (not cocaine, Nick... Geez..). I pretty much refuse to do any sort of driving in it actually.. Curt gets the lucky task of driving me around in snow. When I came downstairs at about 7:15am this morning there was no snow falling from the sky. I was in a good mood because I didn't have to worry about driving in the bad weather.. I was going on my golly way by making my breakfast so we could leave in about 30 minutes. Half-way through my Cheerios of the multi-grain kind, I looked outside and realized there was snow.... I suddenly became a bitchy drill Sergent.. Poor Curt. He thought he was going to get to enjoy his breakfast in peace because we were avoiding the snow. I started to firmly demand he abandon his mission and put his shoes on (he takes forever to put his shoes on.. It will be the death of me) so we could immediately go to avoid sliding to our death because of slick roads. This is a great mixture of an insurance career and anxiety.. He was sitting at the table and then suddenly I became a crazy.. I feel bad for him a little.. Marriage is so fun.. :)

I hope everyone enjoyed the post and has a great Christmas. After tomorrow I don't have to be at work until 2013.. That is my Christmas gift to myself. Everyone be safe on the slick roads. If you need a reminder on how dangerous they are and how you will die if you drive on them, call me. I'd tell you free of charge!

H











1 comment:

  1. The shower was great Hannah! I had a good time and I likes that the games weren't the usual ones.

    ReplyDelete