Monday, November 12, 2012

I'm Sorry Thanksgiving

Hello and Happy Blogging Monday! I am so, so glad to be able to watch television and not have to be hounded by political ads. I have blogged enough about politics so I will spare every one's eyes of having to read about this for the third time. I am glad to have my friends back again and I will have to overlook some bad behavior statuses from my friends based on politics. Bad, bad behavior statuses.. Anyway, I hope you enjoy this blog post.

If you remember back in my previous posts I discussed my dislike of Columbus Day. Apparently a lot of my friends read my blog (yay for having nice friends) and now like to bring up my hatred of Columbus Day.. I have noticed that I am very particular about my holidays.. I did not realize this until Curt pointed it out to me. I happen to LOVE Thanksgiving. I have no prejudice against the pilgrims. Heck, I am very greatful for their non-murdering, raping, std giving contribution to society. Thanksgiving is a holiday based around a few of my favorite items. One of my favorite cooked birds is definitely turkey.. It is so delicious! I think my favorite cooked bird may be chicken of the fried kind but I can work with turkey. One of my favorite jellies is jellied cranberries! One of my favorite potatoes are mashed. My first potato choice is definitely fried but a girl can settle for second. I love pies especially chocolate, cherry and I am warming up to pecan. I do not like stuffing at all but I can't be completely greedy. A holiday all about eating is one for my heart. Plus with Thanksgiving you have football, shopping, family and naps. One can't go wrong with this holiday.. However, it seems more and more of America wants to forget Thanksgiving by going straight to Christmas. Everytime I see a Christmas tree, decorations or lights I must tell Thanksgiving that I am sorry. Unfortunately, I have said this frequently this year. I am sure I drive people (mainly Curt) completely crazy with this behavior. I don't know why I feel that it is necessary to apologize to Thanksgiving but it makes me so mad that people forget the pilgrims. Like Curt said, I have a problem with holidays..

Speaking of holidays, November had three extra holidays this year that most people do not realize. First, as mentioned earlier, the end of the political ads on television. I think both parties together can be thankful for this ending. Maybe I can somehow weave this into the Thanksgiving list of thanks this year.. This year I am thankful not to see anymore Todd Akin political ads. I am seriously considering sending all politicans letters about my friend Kristin who can shape their politican butts up.. Second, daylight savings time ends. Yeah, yeah, yeah I know we lose an hour of daylight at night but hello, we get an extra hour of real sleep in the morning. It is like a little piece of heaven until your body adjusts to the extra hour. Third, college basketball startsm this month. Curt and I purchase Mizzou basketball season tickets each year so we are particularly excited for the season to begin. We both love, love going to the games. It is nice because it gives us something to do in the winter and really the tickets are not the expensive. We have been grandfathered in with rates so that is especially nice. I have noticed we suddenly get more friends during basketball season so people can use our tickets. I will tell you that we can be bribed.. :)

Anyway, thanks for reading my blog. I hope you don't think i am anymore crazy than you thought I was before this post. If I don't post before Thanksgiving, enjoy your holiday! I am going to go Black Friday shopping for the first time ever this year.. I am excited and super scared at the same time. Come on big deals!!!!

H




No comments:

Post a Comment